Ganael is proud to be sponsoring the development of low-cost Community Herbal Clinics for the Somerset Region.
These clinics will offer the residents of the Somerset Regional Council area with affordable plant-based medicine through clinics that are supported by each community.
Community supported herbal clinics:
- provide access to qualified practitioners who understand combining herbs and medication
- promote existing community healthcare services and link individuals and services
- support opportunities to educate clients and build their own healthcare knowledge and capacity
- Rely on the support of local suppliers and organisationsServices that are offered through the Community Clinics may also include:
educational workshops, herb walks, community herb gardens, basic first aid, chronic health support, wound care, herbal teas, a resource library and referrals to other medical practitioners.
Once members of the community decide to host a clinic, Individuals and
organizations pledge to support and help maintain the clinic by:
- Hosting a clinic within the community
- Providing a location for the clinic when it visits
- Organizing client appointments prior to the clinic visit
- Maintaining the community herb garden
- Participating in workshops and training events
- Becoming a client of the clinic
- Donating equipment and funds used in the clinic
Clinic fees are developed with the principle that no-one in need is turned away. However, a small contribution (either a flat fee or sliding scale structure) is expected to ensure that clinic resources are available to all.
Being mobile, the clinic can be set up where-ever the community determines is a suitable location. This can include a park, community hall, coffee shop, library or other venue.
The clinic will make regular visits to participating communities. Clients will be able to access follow-up care including referral to local providers to help them work towards their longer-term health goals.